Monday, April 20, 2009

How Life has Changed







Well our sweet baby William Norrell was born on March the 9th at 11:59 am. He weighed 7 pounds and was 20 inches long. He looks a lot like his daddy to me, but sometimes I look at him and think I see a lot of my side in him too. I went in for the induction at 5:00 am after only an hour of sleep. The doctor came in around 7 and broke my water, so it didn't take him too long to get here. We only pushed for about 30 minutes and out he came! Unlike last birth with his sister Teagan, Daddy got to cut the cord. I think it was a good bonding experience for Jason's first son.

As for Teagan, I think she is glad to have the little fellow around. She calls him "bumble boy", and "Baby Broder", although she also referred to him in the hospital as "master William". She loves to kiss on him and she says that she is glad he lives with us. She gets a little jealous at times, but that is to be expected. I think the hardest times for her are when she wakes up in the middle of the night and can't get in the bed with mom and dad. This also makes for hard nights for mom, putting Teagan back in her bed, and then it seems like just a few minutes later the boy is up, but you do what you have to do, right?

The sleep deprivation part seems to be weening its way out, Thank Goodness and I am starting to get used to having two bumbles around, and look forward to the days that jason has off. I was worried how I would handle it after my mom left the first week, and then on the night jason went back to work, I was nervous, but most nights it goes alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment